Shrine Room Etiquette & Guidelines for Conduct
We hope you will join us for practice, either at our weekly sessions, or for specail events. Below are a few guidelines to help you feel comfortable in a traditional Tibetan Buddhist Shrine room.
- We do not wear shoes in the shrine room. Please leave them outside.
- Cushions are provided to practice while sitting on the floor.
- Chairs are provided in case you are unable to sit on the floor.
- Dharma books and texts should put on a cushion, not on the floor.
- Short skirts and revealing garments are not appropriate.
- Do not sit with the legs outstretched, as this is a sign of disrespect.
- Do not lie down in the shrine room.
- Please feel welcome to ask us questions at any time.
Visiting Rinpoche & Empowerments
When meeting a Lama or Rinpoche ofr the first time, many people are quite nervous and don’t know what to do. The link below answers most questions for proper protocol.
read more >>